Your campaigns gain the advantage when you can get Google Ads data and metrics, and it’s honestly not that difficult to set up. Pairing your Axes Account to a Google Ads account will provide you with data about views and spends, for Axes performance reports, and also optimise your campaigns based on conversions.
Before you start, you need to make sure that you have a Google Ads account. If not, please create one here.
Conversions tell you when someone acts on your campaign and is seen at the measure of a campaign’s success. You will need to create a conversion if you want this data.
So let’s get started:
- Visit your Google Ads account.
- Check your Settings to make sure it is set to Expert.
- Click Tools and choose Conversions.
- On the Conversions page, click +.
- Choose the Import option, select Other data sources or CRMs and Track conversions from clicks, then click Continue.
- On the Create an action screen, set up the following details:
– Category – Purchase
– Conversion name – Axes
– Value – Use different values for each conversion
– For Enter default value – US Dollar and value 1
– Count – Every
– Conversion window – 90 days
– Include in Conversions – Yes
– Attribution model – Last click
- Click Create and Continue.
- Click Done on the next page.
- Enter the conversion by clicking on its name, then copy and store the identifier (You can find it inside the url of your conversion it will look like ctId=XXXXXXXXX).
Integration with Axes Partner’s Personal Area
Next we will integrate your Google Ads with your Axes Partner’s Personal Area so that the two can work together to share data with you. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Axes Partner’s Personal Area.
- Navigate to the Integrations section.
- Click Google Ads.
- On the next screen, click Authorize in the new window and choose your Google Ads manager account for authorization and allow the requested action for it. Please make sure this account has an active Google Ads account.
- Choose customer ID for this Google account for integration and click Integrate.
Postbacks send data to your marketing network, but you need to set up first. Luckily it’s a pretty quick step so let’s get to it:
- Click Set Up, on the Postbacks page.
- Choose an event type from those available in the dropdown menu.
- Enter the Google identifier; you can find it in the url of your conversion (it will look something like ctId=XXXXXXXXX).
- If needed add more events by clicking “+” sign.
- Once done setting up events, click Activate.
Finally, metrics are set to measure your data, so be sure to complete this step too. It’s easy to set this up:
- Click Set Up, on the Metrics page.
- Click Activate.
Amazing! Your Google Ads and Axes Partner accounts should now successfully be integrated. Axes will send postbacks to your Google Ads which will give you an advantage when you want to optimise your campaigns. Also you will receive data from marketing networks, which help with your reporting.
We hope these tools really help make your campaigns special.